Solid Stage Logic SSL 12-12-in/8-out USB Audio interface
A new class of audio interface
SSL 12 is a 12-in/8-out USB bus-powered audio interface that enables you to get studio-quality audio into and out of your computer with minimal fuss and maximum creativity. Building upon the success of SSL 2 and SSL 2+, SSL 12 gives you more. More I/O, more performance and more versatility. SSL 12 is fully integrated with SSL 360° software: Your SSL Control Room. Here you can assign monitor controls, create multiple independent headphone mixes, choose your Loopback source, customise the 3 front panel user-buttons and much more. SSL 12 presents a combination of professional features and workflow never seen before in a portable desktop interface.
slide 1 of 5
4 x SSL-Designed Analogue Preamps
Bus-powered pre's with huge gain range and uncompromising sound
SSL Production Pack
A unique collection of inspiring software
Add analogue colour enhancement inspired by the 4000-series console
SSL 360° Enabled
Create headphone mixes and much more via the SSL 12 Mixer.
Expand the input channel count with up to 8 channels of digital audio
Compatible with Mac/Windows
Plug and play on Mac, ASIO/WDM driver for Windows
Class-leading performance, in the studio and on the road
SSL 12 is the perfect audio interface for producers and engineers who demand uncompromising performance and versatility from a desktop device. SSL 12 is capable of being both a studio centrepiece and a portable production hub to take with you on the road. Four SSL-designed mic pre-amps with uncompromising low-noise and high gain performance, Legacy 4K analogue enhancement for adding that signature SSL colour, class-leading dynamic range from premium-quality converters, comprehensive monitoring section, ADAT expandability, talkback mic, flexible headphone outputs and an intuitive console-style software mixer. SSL 12 just set a new bar for what you can expect from a unit that is entirely USB-powered.
Big studio features, small desktop footprint
SSL 12 is loaded with an extraordinary amount of professional studio features normally reserved for high-end rackmount interfaces. For tracking, the ADAT connectivity, together with the on-board talkback mic and an incredibly powerful cue mixer (that allows you to create up to 4 independent near-zero latency performer mixes) will handle the most demanding of recording sessions. For mixing, alternative monitor switching and assignable front panel control room functions puts everything you need at your fingertips. For production, USB Loopback, MIDI I/O and DC-coupled outputs for CV control of synths and FX equip you with a serious toolkit to keep the creativity flowing. To top it all off, the ever-expanding SSL Production Pack (packed with a selection of must-have virtual instruments, plug-ins, samples and DAWs) helps to bring your productions to life.
- 4 x SSL microphone preamps with unrivalled EIN performance and huge gain range for a USB-powered device
- Per-Channel Legacy 4K switches - analogue colour enhancement for any input source
- 2 Hi-Z instrument inputs for guitars, bass or vintage instruments
- 2 professional-grade headphone outputs. Re-purpose each headphone output as an additional line-level outputs instead.
- 32-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA Converters
- ADAT IN - expand the input channel count with up to 8 channels
- Built In Talkback Mic that can be routed to Headphone A, B and Line 3-4 outputs
- 4 x dedicated balanced outputs and precision Monitor Level, with stunning dynamic range
- Use Outputs 3-4 to connect an alternative monitor set or as additional line-level outputs to connect to studio outboard equipment, with +24 dBu operating levels.
- SSL 12 mixer: Powerful digital mixer hosted in SSL 360° - Quickly create low-latency cue mixes.
- DC-coupled outputs for controlling CV input instruments & FX
- 3 user-assignable switches - assign various monitoring functions and talkback
- MIDI I/O
- SSL Production Pack Software Bundle (over $1000 worth of software and sounds); includes 3-months free subscription to SSL Complete
- USB bus-powered audio interface