The Volume 2 is a fully analog active stereo volume controller and a puristic high-end preamplifier.
- High end volume potentiometer and illuminated mute switch from ALPS; the potentiometer controls signals directly (without VCA or DAC circuitry)
- The mute switch allows for very fast reaction times in cases where loud speakers or ears should be protected (for example, with computer crashes)
- In contrast to digital volume controls which reduce the bit resolution at lower listening levels there is no degration in sound with an analog volume control
- In contrast to passive volume controls which alter the phase and frequency response there is no alteration in sound with an active volume control
- Users of analog summing without monitoring facilities can cost effectively improve their systems
- High quality balancing stages with extremely good common mode rejection minimize interferences and disturbances in the signal paths
- Balanced XLR in- and outputs
- A high quality power supply with toroidal transformer
- Massive, 45 mm diameter aluminum knobs ensure consistent, refined handling
- The elegant, compact housing allows for flexible desktop positioning near or under a computer monitor.
- Made in Germany
Les mer: https://spl.info/en/products/monitor-controller/volume2/overview.html