2.0TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Storage Solution
Meet The Fastest OWC SSD Ever Built
When OWC launched its first Solid State Drive in 2010, it was engineered to deliver the same attribute formula that Mac and PC users expected from OWC external storage solutions:
High performance + high reliability + affordable price = The OWC Difference
Nearly a decade later, our commitment to that winning formula remains steadfast as we push the boundaries of leading-edge SSD development with the Accelsior 4M2. It’s ideal for uncompromised, data intensive, high bandwidth needs like large format video editing, VR/AR/MR environments, high transactional and complex calculation applications, and extreme gaming.
Accelsior 4M2 houses four OWC Aura P12 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs under a finned heat sink cover that provides silent, throttle-free cooling. These “blade” style SSDs utilize Triple-Level Cell (TLC) 3D NAND with SLC caching and a Phison E12 controller with 7% over-provisioning.
All those “ingredients” combine to deliver over 6,000MB/s real-world speed with the highest reliability possible to satisfy the biggest storage performance appetite.
Highly Versatile with Mobile Possibilities
Whether you have the Mac Pro 2019, a Mac Pro 2012 or 2010, or PC tower, Accelsior 4M2 can go to work for you. As a half-length x8/x16 compatible card, this game-changer offers the versatility you need, so you’re not tied to one PCIe slot size or limited by a space-confined computer case.
You can also enjoy the performance boosting benefits of Accelsior 4M2 with your Thunderbolt 3-equipped notebook computer, iMac workstation, or slot filled gaming rig. It’s Plug and Play easy with a PCIe expansion chassis like the OWC Mercury Helios 3S.
Change Your Reality
Accelsior 4M2 offers performance gains in so many diverse ways that it will change your storage reality:
- Stream and edit high-res video and graphics files without a glitch.
- Experience faster previews, renders, and processing in VFX programs.
- Keep page scenery and textures looking sharp and flowing uninterrupted in virtual reality environments.
- Ensure augmented reality visualizations look life-like.
- Change game levels seamlessly and play flight/driving/MMO games with continuously changing scenery and heavily personal preference modded games without micro-stuttering.
- Give your computer a significant speed boost with improved system “snappiness”, a fast OS boot drive, or a bottleneck-free scratch drive.
Includes SoftRAID XT: Easy and Complete Drive Management
SoftRAID XT is the most powerful, intuitive software RAID utility on the market. Multiple RAID levels let you select the RAID level that fits you or your project’s needs best. If you need maximum volume capacity, optimum drive performance, data protection, or a combination of attributes, SoftRAID has you covered.
Packed with features like drive validation, verification and failure prediction—SoftRAID includes features you simply don’t get with hardware RAID. It’s like having a datacenter on your desktop! From home users looking to protect photos and documents to professionals needing to protect and quickly access projects, SoftRAID is the perfect solution.
- Compatible: Works with macOS 11 Big Sur, M1 Macs and Windows 10
- Advanced: Create RAID 0/1/4/5/1+0 (10) with Macs, RAID 0/1 with Windows machines
- Protected: SoftRAID Monitor constantly watches your disks and alerts you if problems are detected
- Validated: Volume validation ensures sectors can be read and parity is correct
- Certified: Checks disks before use to ensure they are safe for data storage
- Vigilant: Error prediction helps protect against unexpected failure
- Universal: Move SoftRAID arrays seamlessly between Macs and PCs with built-in OWC MacDrive technology
SoftRAID provides a level of performance that you simply can’t get with hardware RAID. Learn more about the power of SoftRAID XT.
Professional Grade = Ready to Work
We understand having confidence in gear reliability is paramount to creative professionals. That’s why every Accelsior 4M2 pre-configured solution undergoes a multi-step performance certification prior to shipping. This ensures your Accelsior 4M2 arrives operating properly and immediately ready for demanding use.
Your Digital Life…Protected for FREE
Your data is irreplaceable, and we take protecting it seriously. That’s why this OWC Solution includes Acronis True Image OEM — the world’s only combination backup and antimalware solution that keeps your data protected from accidents, failures, and malware/ransomware attacks.
- Easy: Protect everything – photos, files, applications, systems, and the devices they’re on in just a few clicks
- Efficient: create “set and forget” backups to recover and restore files and folders
- Secure: Stop ransomware and cryptojacking attacks from harming your device data and backup
Your Digital Life…Protected for FREE
Backing up and protecting your data is critically important. But all too often it’s a task that falls to the bottom of the “to do” list, and you don’t realize it until it is too late. That’s why OWC has partnered with Acronis to give you 1 full year of the #1 personal backup and antivirus software to integrate into your workflow.
Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office safeguards you from today’s data threats—from accidents to failures to attacks. With easy, intuitive backup and Ai-enhanced antimalware technology, your digital life is protected—photos, files, applications, systems, and the devices they are on.
- Complete Backup and Fast Recovery: quickly restore your files or entire system at any time
- Easy Disk Cloning and Full Image Backup: just two clicks to start a full disk image backup
- Cloud, Local or Hybrid Cloud: back up locally, to the cloud, or both. It’s your choice
- Before installing this product in a host device, write down the SoftRAID serial number that is listed on the back of the PCIe card. It is needed to setup the SoftRAID application.
- Data transfer rates will vary based on SSDs used, CPU speed, RAID setting, and PCIe version.
- Backward compatible with PCIe 2.0 slots with reduced speeds.
- Performance in a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis limited by maximum Thunderbolt 3 PCIe bandwidth of 2800MB/s.
- Bootable using a single, independent M.2 startup disk, with the other three M.2 SSDs configured as independent volumes or as a software RAID (SoftRAID or Apple RAID). Mac Pro (2010-2012) requires macOS 10.14.6. Mac Pro (2019) requires macOS 10.15.1 or later.