The best networking, media, and docking for pro video production and demanding data workflows.
High-Bandwidth and Flexibility for Demanding Hi-Res Needs
Pro-level docking stations should be ready to handle any situation that you encounter in a production workflow. The OWC Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock is your on-location and post production “mission control” with an unrivaled combination of super-fast 10Gb Ethernet, CFast and SD card readers, two Thunderbolt 3 ports, three USB 3.1 ports, and full support for eSATA devices and drives.
With this unique productivity configuration, you can upload and work with 4/8K RAW video and RAW photo files immediately at speeds up to 370MB/s. Collaborate in a shared workflow environment via the 10Gb Ethernet port to keep your projects streaming from file setup to final renders with headroom to spare. Add a second 4K monitor via the DisplayPort interface or a 5K monitor connected to the second Thunderbolt 3 port. Daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt devices. All while powering your laptop and managing the typical USB 3.1 devices you need to get the job done.
Add Media Versatility to DIT Carts
When you’re on location, your cart needs the power of versatility. With conveniently accessible front-side CFast and SD 4.0 card readers, the Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock helps you manage multiple card uploads efficiently. It’s a huge asset when you’re covering live events like conferences, festivals, and concerts where you’re working with multiple videographers and photographers.
See More, Access More
Need more work view space? Need to access a large on-location DAS drive? No problem. The Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock offers a DisplayPort for adding another 4K display, plus additional ports including an eSATA port with port multiplier support, so you can access multiple drives within a multi-bay RAID.
Small Footprint, Big Connections
Sized similarly to a single external drive enclosure, the Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock’s aluminum case helps keep cart weight streamlined while easily fitting into a cart drawer or small box during cart breakdown.
With two Thunderbolt 3 ports, the Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock offers incredible potential to connect multiple devices to take on the biggest projects. You can daisy-chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices to the Thunderbolt 3 Pro Dock for studio-level storage, RAID arrays, eGPUs for graphics processing, or all of these combined and connected at 40Gb/s bandwidth.
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later
- Windows 10 or later
- Any Thunderbolt 3 equipped computer
- Any Thunderbolt/Thunderbolt 2 equipped Mac via Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (sold separately)
- Requires macOS 10.13.6 or later.
- On a Mac, to enable high-power USB support for the Apple Super Drive, Apple USB Keyboard, and charging for iPad 1/2/3 generation devices, please install OWC Dock Ejector for Mac. This application includes a driver that enables support for these devices and charging functions.
- Windows Ethernet use requires a driver.
- (2) Thunderbolt 3 Ports
- (3) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type A Ports
- (1) eSATA 6 Gb/s Port (supports port multiplier)
- (1) DisplayPort Port
- (1) 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) RJ-45 Port
Memory Card Slots
- (1) CFast
- (1) Secure Digital (SD)
- Supports up to one 5K display at 60Hz or two 4K displays at up to 60Hz
- Thunderbolt 3 port supports video up to 5K at 60Hz via a native Thunderbolt 3 display or 4K at 60Hz via a Thunderbolt display or a USB-C display adapter
- DisplayPort 1.2 port supports up to 4K at 60Hz
- External UL-listed universal auto-switching power supply
- AC input: 100 ~ 240V, 50/60Hz, 2.2A
- DC output: 12V, 12.5A
- Height: 3.5 cm (1.4 in
- Width: 10.8 cm (4.3 in)
- Length: 21.2 cm (8.3 in)
- The eSATA port and the CFast reader share a single PCIe Gen 2 lane, as do the USB ports and the SD card reader. The maximum transfer rate for a single PCIe Gen 2 lane is about 370MB/s, which means that any device connected to these interfaces cannot go faster than 370 MB/s. When multiple devices are used simultaneously, the bandwidth is shared.
- This product was designed for use with the fan on and passed engineering tests with the fan on. There is a fan switch to turn off the fan when a low-noise environment is needed. However, the device should only be used for short periods of time with the fan in the OFF position, as prolonged use may cause the device to overheat. Overheating can result in damage to the system, cause issues to data integrity, reduce system reliability and/or shorten the lifespan of the electrical components. For best results, it is recommended not to use the device continuously for more than 30 minutes with the fan in the OFF position.
- Display resolutions and refresh rates will vary depending upon hardware, connections, and OS in use. Dock does not support display daisy-chains via MST (Multi-Stream Transport).
- Thunderbolt/Thunderbolt 2 displays supported via Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter.
- The DisplayPort does not support DP++. When using a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, make sure to use an active adapter.
- Up to 60W of Power Delivery (charging) is available to the host computer via the Thunderbolt 3 port labeled 60W.
- Apple Mac models with Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt ports can be connected using an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (sold separately). This configuration provides data transfer at Thunderbolt 2 speeds (up to 20Gb/s) but does not support notebook charging.
Les mer: https://www.owcdigital.com/products/thunderbolt-3-pro-dock